1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not access default gateway

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pkhanh, Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pkhanh

pkhanh Thread Starter

Hello, i am using a tp link 8817 modem, i can go online normaly but i can not access the default gateway (192.168.1.1, i check it in cmd/ipconfig) it keeps asking me username and password, althought i filled them with the correct username and password.

Any help will be very gratefull.

2. tiberriver256

tiberriver256

Hi pkhanh,

Here are a few suggestions:

The default username and password for tplink devices is: admin

If you changed the defaults and forgot what the username and password was you can reset the modem to factory defaults (You will have to reconfigure the modem after doing this)

Here's how to reset the modem:

Step 1 Turn off the modem (pull the power out of the unit ).
    Step 2 Press and hold the reset button on the rear panel with a pin, while holding down the reset button turn on the modem (plug the power back into the unit). It is important that you continue to hold down the reset button for approximately 15 seconds.

[​IMG]
    Step 3 Release the reset button and wait for the device to reboot.

Hope this helps :)
    tiberriver256

3. pkhanh

pkhanh Thread Starter

I havent try that because i'm afraid if it doesnt work, i will no longer connect to the internet to ask for more information.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice