1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can not boot win2000

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by samiel, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. samiel

samiel Thread Starter

Hi to all,
    I have a Dell Latitude D610 Labtop with 40GB Hitachi HDD.
    There are 3 partitions on the drive, Windows2000 (30GB NTFS), linux Suse 10.2 (7+2)GB reiserfs.
    I tried to install daemon-tool ( daemon408-139-x86 ) in windows and when I launched the installation it asked me to restart the machine. When I restart Windows was not able to boot and the BSOD:mad: appeared with the following message
    -----------
    STOP: 0x0000007B ( 0xF682384C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000 )
    INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE
    -----------
    I rebooted again and tried to enter the safe mode but got the same error.
    Again I tried with 'Last Known Good Configuration' and did not work either.
    I use GRUB as a boot loader and I can boot into linux without problem and can access the windows partition from there.
    Does anyone know about this problem and could give me a hint ?
    If I can not enter windows Safe Mode, how can I remove the daemon-tool stuff ?
    Any possible action to correct the problem from linux ?

Many thanks in advance.

Dell Latitude D610
    OS1: Windows2000 SP4 (30 GB NTFS)
    OS2: Linux SuSe 10.2 ( 7+2 GB reiserfs)
    RAM: 2 GB
    BLoader: GRUB

2. matt_aj

matt_aj

Might wanna try running the XP disk, go into the Repair Console and doing a fixmbr and fixboot (this will overwrite your GRUB loader). If that doesn't work, your drive might have bad sectors that you just happened to write on when you installed the program.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice