1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not connect to internet when using wifi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by RTL1223, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RTL1223

RTL1223 Thread Starter

I can connect to the internet when I am using my aircard but when I connect to wifi through the VZ access I can not get on the internet. "It is saying I am connected to WiFi". a box shows up asking me about dialing 777#. It worked a couple of days ago so i am sure I did something to a setting with out knowing.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Is there a utility for the aircard that may have disabled the wireless utility and expect you to connect to wifi via the aircard utility - not used this particular card - But this used to be the case with the O2 utility and it needed to be stopped from starting when windows started and that allowed wireless to be used

whats the exact details of the aircard - is this it - http://www.sierrawireless.com/en/productsandservices/AirCard.aspx

can we have details of the vzaccess - is this it http://www.vzam.net/

make and exact model of the PC

3. RTL1223

RTL1223 Thread Starter

I am not to good with any of this but I will try explaining. I have a VZ aircard 5750. When connect through the VZ access to the VZ wireless a box comes up and says connect verizon wirelss and then there is a box I have to click that say dial #777 then it connects. When I try connecting to a wifi using the VZ access it connects to the wifi but will not connect to the internet.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What is the wireless network using for internet service? Your aircard connects you to Verizon's wireless broadband service. Wireless networking is completely different and separate and doesn't have anything to do with your Verizon service. If you're connecting to a wireless network, then that wireless network must have some kind of internet service, right?

5. RTL1223

RTL1223 Thread Starter

All I know is that I have to go through the VZ Access to get WIFI and to get on the VZ network for the air card. Before this happened I could just click on the wireless net works in the hotels I usually am at and it would connect and I would use that because it is faster that the aircard.. I am guessing that it must be a setting that I messed up. Wish I could give more info.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The VZ Access Manager not only handles Verizon mobile wireless but also handles your Wi-Fi adapter?

7. RTL1223

RTL1223 Thread Starter

It shows all the wifi connections along with the VZ connection, I can choose either wifi or the VZ aircard to connect to.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I cannot help with VZ Access, as I know nothing about it.

9. RTL1223

RTL1223 Thread Starter

That makes two of us.... I appreciate your time. Thanks!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1046562

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice