1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not connect to new clear device through laptop.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Ladydeenyc, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ladydeenyc

Ladydeenyc Thread Starter

I purchased a clear WiMAX wireless device. My iPod other computers can connect to my clear network except my laptop. Subsequently my laptop can connect to other networks including other clear devices, because I was in the clear store with laptop, except the one I purchased. It takes a long time to acquire ip address and when it does and says its connected with excellent service I open Internet browser and I get no Internet. I even went to the geek squad in bestbuy I honestly did more then they did researching internet. Ive tried flushing releasing and renewing ip. Ive tried several other things also was with a tech guy for clear for 40 min. End result he gave me microsofts number. Please help. I do not know what could be problem. It is not device. It's a dell mini windows xp. Ivetried repairing ip address restarting device rebooting computer. Can I watch a movie lol??! Or a 3 min video jeeez lol pleease help

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is that better? My first reaction was , "Good! That's as it should be. Glad it's not working!"

3. Ladydeenyc

Thnk you!!! Much better lol

4. Ladydeenyc

Thank you!! That is much better!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice