1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can not create dial up connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by donatbollonk, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. donatbollonk

donatbollonk Thread Starter

I wanna set up dial up connection in my computer. I am stuck after clicking "set up my connection manually", my computer has automatically check connect using broadband that is always on, and I can not move my cursor to connect using dial up modem.

I found there is 1394 network connection. if I delete this icon will it help?
    does anyone have idea?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The 1394 connection is related to firewire. Deleting it won't help. Do you have a dial-up modem installed? Is it listed as working in Device Manager?

3. donatbollonk

yes it is listed in device manager and checked as working device.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Do you also have a broadband connection that you use? Do you use the network card for anything at all?

5. donatbollonk

No I have never used broadband. the computer is used in remote area therefore I need dial up connection.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

In that case, try going to Device Manager and disable the network card. That seems to be necessary at times for some programs (such as AOL installations) since they always tend to prefer to use the network for a faster connection if it is detected. If it is a built-in card, you may be able to disable it from BIOS setup and then Windows won't see it at all.

If you disable the card and reboot, there will be only one choice for an internet connection and you may then be able to set it up.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542229

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice