can not delete file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

charlesxxx

i have a folder on my desktop that is empty. when i try to delete it it says, it can not delete because it is being used by another person or program. i have no other programs open and besides it is an empty folder with no files in it. what is going on? how can i get this folder off my desktop?

TerryNet

Terry
Have you restarted the system and still cannot delete?

charlesxxx

i installed a freeware program called lock hunter and i was able to right click the folder and unlock it. then i dragged it to the recycle bin and it took it. thanks though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online