Can not delete user account..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chris_L

I had a friend use my computer and create a user account. He recently moved out and I would like to get rid of his account but everytime I try to, the delete account window freezes and when I click on it, it says "not responding" This is really frustrating, but thank you for listening and if anyone has any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Run chkdsk /f. Then try removing it in Safe Mode. Hopefully, you are trying this from an Admin account.

Are you going...

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change an Account > *Account Name* > Delete User?

I don't really know what the problem is if it is through your account. Do you have his password?

Try logging in to his account and deleting it from there.

chris_L

Yea, I have the admin account. How would I go about running the chkdsk?

chris_L

He didn't have a password or anything like that, and when I tried to go into his account, all the icons were gone and it said that I couldn't delete the account from within the account.

You need to log into an account that has Admin privileges, not his account, and remove it from there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online