1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not delete user account..

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chris_L, Feb 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chris_L

chris_L Thread Starter

I had a friend use my computer and create a user account. He recently moved out and I would like to get rid of his account but everytime I try to, the delete account window freezes and when I click on it, it says "not responding" This is really frustrating, but thank you for listening and if anyone has any help it would be greatly appreciated.

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Run chkdsk /f. Then try removing it in Safe Mode. Hopefully, you are trying this from an Admin account.

3. dungeonguard

dungeonguard

Are you going...

Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change an Account > *Account Name* > Delete User?

I don't really know what the problem is if it is through your account. Do you have his password?

Try logging in to his account and deleting it from there.

4. chris_L

chris_L Thread Starter

Yea, I have the admin account. How would I go about running the chkdsk?

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Start > Run:
    chkdsk /f

Answer "y" and reboot.

6. chris_L

chris_L Thread Starter

He didn't have a password or anything like that, and when I tried to go into his account, all the icons were gone and it said that I couldn't delete the account from within the account.

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

You need to log into an account that has Admin privileges, not his account, and remove it from there.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/540386

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice