Can not do search from any brower

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Grilledr

I can not get either Windows Explorer 8 or latest version of Chrome to do any searches from the toolbar. I can go to web pages that are in Favorites or by various other routes. I have run several Malware programs and done a DNS flush but the same problem persists. Any ideas.

Grilledr

Tried the Hijack this removal tool. After scan it came up with a number of lines that I could check and analyze or fix. I clicked on one for analyze and got a reply of no internet connection. The computer is still online. Hijack this also came up with - write access to host files denied. When I ran Run C:\WINDOWSs\System32\etc\hosts it only came up with examples and no lines with Hijack this in it to delete.
Still stuck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online