1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not Download Skype or other programs to my NetBook

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by OrionMace, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. OrionMace

OrionMace Thread Starter

I can not download any program to my Del Netbook. Every time I try, I get a retry or cancel message. How can I correct this. I am so not good at this, I wouldn't know exactly what to tell you to make this easier.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    But you can download other types of files?

What (browser or special download manager) are you trying to use to download them? Have you tried another browser?

3. OrionMace

OrionMace Thread Starter

I am not sure what you mean. I have tired to use Yahoo or google to get to Skype. I have Windows 7 installed. does this help?

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You only mentioned problems with downloading program files (I assume .exe). So, by asking "But you can download other types of files?" I am trying to get you to confirm that you can download other files (.jpg, .txt, .docx, etc.) or that you cannot download anything.

You are using a browser (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.) or some special program for the downloads. My second question, and I don't know how to rephrase it, is to try to find out which program you are using. And the third question is to find out if you have tried a different one (for example, sometimes I'll have a strange problem with Firefox and so I'll try doing the same thing with IE).

5. OrionMace

OrionMace Thread Starter

I have Internet Explorer. I have tried to download FireFox and could not. I can upload my .docs and .jpegs, but I am unable to download.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    So, you can download nothing, right? Maybe a security application. What one(s) are, or ever were, on the system?

7. OrionMace

OrionMace Thread Starter

I had Norton

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Run Symantec's Norton Removal Tool. Download the tool with another computer and copy it over using removable media (CD, USB flash drive, etc.).

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147639

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice