1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can not enter phoenix bios with win xp.

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kenpodad, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kenpodad

kenpodad Thread Starter

I can not enter the bios setup any longer using the delete key, I have tried all combinations for phoenix which I found on many support guy threads but nothing helps. The only thing I can think of is a missing file but I am just guessing. Will it help if I reinstall win xp? Is there a registry fix utility that will do this? Thanks .

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Access to the BIOS is before Windows ever starts, so it should not have anything to do with that.
    Somewhere in the POST process it should tell you how to enter the BIOS.
    Maybe Enter?

3. kenpodad

kenpodad Thread Starter

I tried hitting enter but that did not get me to the setup.I used a dup finder and deleted a bunch of duplicates from my hard drive and that is about the time I was unable to enter the bios setup.

4. dai

dai

try with the computer off pressing the insert key and holding it down while you turn the computer on and keep holding it down
    works with some award bios

5. kenpodad

kenpodad Thread Starter

I just tried the holding down of the insert key and did not enter bios, I tried it 3 times.Thanks.

6. K7M

K7M

possibly a bad keyboard????

7. dai

dai

try holding the delete key as you boot up if it does not go in,if it does not go into the bios try another keyboard as suggested by k7m.
    if still no good reset the cmos by the jumpers

8. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

The BIOS I've worked with have used Del or F1.

MBN

9. kenpodad

kenpodad Thread Starter

I did switch keyboards and no go,I will clear the cmos and see if that will do the trick.I have 3 pins on tyan mobo and will jumper pins 2/3 and wait for 10 seconds with the power off and move the jumper back to pins1/2. what I am not sure of is the next step which is to (make the bios settings at this point)??

10. dai

dai

this will set them to default,you will have to reset them the way you want afterwards

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221119

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice