1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not execute .exe files from my 2000 server from client workstations

Discussion in 'Networking' started by sayuron, Jul 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sayuron

sayuron Thread Starter

I just rebuilt some Windows 2000 Dell machines using the discs that came with the systems. There are applications that I need on the server. I have no problem browsing to the server and getting to the files although when I execute them to download them on the client workstations that I just rebuilt the hour glass appears for a brief second then goes away then the hour glass appears after about 10 seconds for another 2 seconds then goes away. From here it does nothing and at times will lock up the workstation. I have tried to access the files from other computers on the network and I am not running into the same problem I am having on these rebuilt systems. I have rebuilt many other 2000 Pro systems and never had this issue. Any help would be appreciated. If you need a screen shot of anything please let me know ie, system logs on server etc.....
    Thanks in advance to whoever thinks they can help
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/380990

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice