1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not find IDE drives

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nutzie, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nutzie

nutzie Thread Starter

When i start my other pc i got the follow message : can not find IDE Drives :s.

Two days ago i was for the last time on that pc and everthing worked fine. And now i got this message :s.

Can someone help me please? Sorry for the bad english.

2. kev1952

kev1952

Remove the case cover (with the power OFF and UNPLUGGED at the wall socket). Find the IDE ribbon cable(s) and make sure the connectors are fully inserted and tight. If you are using 80 core cable the plugs are a pretty tight fit and need to be firmly pushed in. Often it only takes a very small movement of the plug(s) to make the drive unreadable. It's a very common cause of "drive failure" and is one of the easiest things to fix.

3. nutzie

nutzie Thread Starter

Thnx but i already did that and i'ts still not working. Maybe hard disk broken?

4. DefConDelta

DefConDelta

Go to properties for the primary IDE channel in Device Manager. In the advanced settings, under drive type for Drive 1, the drive type, selected as NONE. Change this to AUTO DETECTION and see if that works.

5. nutzie

nutzie Thread Starter

I've done that already to :). Not working :(.

6. kev1952

kev1952

Maybe, but don't jump the gun just yet. Does the drive show up in the BIOS settings? What make and model is the drive?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595979

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice