1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can not find server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by nish, Apr 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nish

nish Thread Starter

Hi, I have hard wired router and when I try to get a wireless signal on my laptop it shows a signal but says can not find server. can you help ? Thanks

2. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

You state you have a wired router but not that you have a wireless router.

What router are you trying to connect to?

3. nish

nish Thread Starter

Sorry for the late response.It is a Linksys WRT54G. It is hooked to a pc. But when I try to connect useing my laptop it shows I have a strong signal but says can not find server. Thanks

4. Wanderer2

Wanderer2

You would start by reading the linksys docs on setting up the wireless aspect of your router. Then you configure the wireless aspect of the connecting computer.

5. nish

nish Thread Starter

Thanks

6. AMorrison0903

AMorrison0903

everything should be connected to the wireless router... any pcs/servers... etc...

from there, after you set up your wireless (in short you could just plug it all in to test, configure later) and connect your laptop to right wireless ssid, you should see the server.

servers should be set with a static ip, with that being said, make sure that your wireless router is handing out DHCP leases of the correct scope. i.e. if server is static configured with 192.168.0.* then the server should be set to hand out leases in the 192.168.0.* range... or change server, or if possible. configure routing table.

let me know if that helps.

7. nish

nish Thread Starter

Thanks for all your help guys.

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Did you solve the problem?

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice