1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not get past post or enter setup.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Moses69, Nov 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Moses69

Moses69 Thread Starter

I have recently done a full (slow) format on a Maxtor DiamondMax 21 250g hard drive that is less than a year old. However, I can no longer get past the post screen. I can't even enter setup. It does detect the drive at post but stops right there. Can anyone help please?

2. rover3500

rover3500

Can u boot up off a utilities cd,like hirens?

3. rover3500

rover3500

if not,sometimes disconnecting hard drive(and power),and connecting again can help.When this happened last to me,it was an ide drive,and there was a very small split in the cable,drove me mad 4 ages.Can i ask why u formatted?

4. Moses69

Moses69 Thread Starter

Hi. I can only boot from other media when I unplug the sata drive completely.

5. Moses69

Moses69 Thread Starter

I have been playing around with the system a bit lately (updating bios etc) I have other drives and they all seem to work fine...

6. rover3500

rover3500

I think u've said it,there must be something wrong with the drive.My friend a few months ago had to send a maxtor drive back - he'd only had it a week,buy(i think it was seagate,or wherever u got it from) they sent him one in a week.u didn't do a low level format though,i assume,just a normal one.Not sure if invalidates warranty if low level.Mine and friends got 3 year guarantee.Send customer service e-mail with your prob,see what they say

7. Moses69

Moses69 Thread Starter

Yes I fear that may be the case. Good job I have a spare! Thanks.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/765818

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice