1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can not install with AHCI Driver

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ratsrude, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratsrude

ratsrude Thread Starter

Hi Guys.

I am hoping someone can help. I am having trouble installing the AHCI driver when doing a clean install of vista 32bit.
    The trouble is that I can get to the point of installing the driver but when I click to the next step two Things happen.
    1. is that I get a screen saying that the drive may not boot correctly
    2. and when it goes back the the screen that shows the hard drive that I was going to install to the drive is no longer present. Infact there are no drives to choose from. I was wondering if anyone may have had the same problem or may know the answer. Here are the specs ot the system that I am trying to install to.
    M/B Gigabyte GA_P35_DQ6
    H/D'S Seagate 500G/B Sata x2
    Video Gigbyte 8800GTS

I have tried drivers from the M/B c.d that comes with system and also the driver from the web site.

Thanks guys and I look forward to hearing from you

Darren
    P.S Due to the time difference here in OZ I might not be able to reply to you straight away.
    But I will when I get to view them... Thanks Again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/658559

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice