1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not open documents in Microsoft Office Word 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Phish-bites, Mar 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phish-bites

Phish-bites Thread Starter

Hi,
    I can not open ms Word documents by double-clicking on them anymore, When ever I do so I get a mesage saying: "There was a problem sending the command to the program."
    I do get the Word window open but there is nothing in it. I have tried this with .doc, .docx and .txt files and I get the same thing.
    But I can open files if I first open word and then go to Open and select a document from there, but not by double clicking.
    I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit and Microsoft Office Word 2007, can anyone help me?

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    Open Word, go to the Office Orb, then Resources, and then "Run Microsoft Office Diagnostics.

This will check out the install and do a repair if needed. You will need to the "Office cache" file on the hard drive or have the Office CD handy, if it is needed.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice