CAn not open Word file with double click

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rickster_778

Word is giving me a hard time...I cannot open files directly but must open Word then open my files through the application. I get an error message stating..."cannot find c:\documents and setting\Rickster....\etc..... Make sure that the path and file name is correct and that all required libraries are available"
This is annoying the hell outta me...is this a registry problem? Saw an answer to a similar problem in Excel that was solved can you help me? I tried to reassociate the file with no luck. :-(

I had a similar issue created by a corrupt normal.dot. Do a serach for the file and delete any instance (It will auto re-create itself). See if that helps.

Rickster_778

Well have tried recommendations so far, including reinstall office, delete normal.dot, dump word from windows registry and let it rebuild, and re-associate file types. Not in this order. Thanks for all the advise but still no luck. I know someone out there can help.

Did you re-boot between steps? After uninstalling. etc., re-booting allows windows to finish the uninstall.

Well worth the try (I like fishing--- but shiny objects work best)

letchworth

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online