Solved Can not resolve DNSs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

TritiumCat

I am running Kali Linux x64 in a VM on Windows 7 Ultimate.

I can not go to websites and when I ping them it says: "Name or service not found"

When I ping the IP of sites it's fine and when i ping 8.8.8.8 it works fine.

However Kali Linux seems to be having a hard time resolving the DNS of websites.

I am running on a VPN with P2P but Windows 7 is not having the same issue: IE me being here now. The VPN is running on windows but it still effects my VM's IP.

I have no antivirus interfering with my VM.

I have changed IPs to non P2P and it works fine until it randomly cuts off requesting I use a P2P servers, when I switch to P2P servers I can not resolve DNSs.

Anyone know what's going on?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online