1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Can not resolve DNSs

Discussion in 'Networking' started by TritiumCat, Aug 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TritiumCat

TritiumCat Thread Starter

I am running Kali Linux x64 in a VM on Windows 7 Ultimate.

I can not go to websites and when I ping them it says: "Name or service not found"

When I ping the IP of sites it's fine and when i ping 8.8.8.8 it works fine.

However Kali Linux seems to be having a hard time resolving the DNS of websites.

I am running on a VPN with P2P but Windows 7 is not having the same issue: IE me being here now. The VPN is running on windows but it still effects my VM's IP.

I have no antivirus interfering with my VM.

I have changed IPs to non P2P and it works fine until it randomly cuts off requesting I use a P2P servers, when I switch to P2P servers I can not resolve DNSs.

Anyone know what's going on?

2. TritiumCat

3. TritiumCat

I used /etc/resolv.conf and made changes there to get it working again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice