1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can not set port forward with my RR-sbg6580 modem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Subpoenaman, Jan 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Subpoenaman

Subpoenaman Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 12249 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1899171 MB, Free - 1758635 MB; I: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 644549 MB; J: Total - 953634 MB, Free - 186433 MB; K: Total - 1907726 MB, Free - 922087 MB; L: Total - 715227 MB, Free - 675269 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0NW73C
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled
    High I'm new, and looking for some help with my networking.
    I use a defender dvr with cameras attached, I'm away from home often so I like to check in using the internet., I've been using it for over two years. I recently purchase the above computer and set it up and it connected to the dvr and was working fine over the internet...(had to make some software changes, I went from xppro-windows 8) every thing worked fine..until I decided to sign up to a new 'Extreme Service' offered my roadrunner..doing so they insisted I use the motorola d3 sbg6580 wireless modem. 4 separate employees new about my dvr and that I would have to port forward and all said no problem..well I have not been able to get port forward to work..I set it all up as I did many times with other rotors but I can not get the port to open..I've read many internet suggestions seems many people have the problem but no one offers a solution other then tech talk over my head which seems to radical ie..change nat...reconfigure the bridge..which I don't really understand..has anyone had this problem with this rotor..as I said I've been able to configure linksys, vizio, netgear without any problems..what am I missing? any Ideas would help.
    thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice