1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can not use wireless

Discussion in 'Networking' started by leelee20072007, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leelee20072007

leelee20072007 Thread Starter

Hello everyone, i hope some one can help me :). I have only a desktop computer which is connected through Ethernet cable, and the Nintendo Wii which connects wireless.

The router is EchoLife HG520b.

I reset my router to factory default because i had some problems with the connection. The connections fine by erthernet no problems. In the router i noticed it disabled the wireless access point ..when i try to enable this ( to use the wireless for the WII) it disconnects the erthernet connection to the desktop computer and the internet light on the router turns off and the ADSL light flashes on and off?

Also if i enable the wireless ( this then disconnects the Ethernet to the computer ) it picks the connection up but it doesn't work, no connection or anything.

so i carnt use wireless at all.

I have tryed resetting the router ( the little pin hole at the side) didnt work.
    power off all cables etc didn't work
    disable my anti virus ( AVAST) didn't work.

hope someone can help thank you (y)

Im on windows XP

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Have you managed to fix this issue
    what happens when you do this ?
    sounds like a faulty router or the reset caused an issue

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice