Can old DOS programs run under Vista?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DCM1519

I have one old DOS program that I hate to get rid of. It is dbaseIII and it runs under XP with no problems.

All my database info for the last 20 years is in there including some for my previous business and because it is such a simple but powerful program to use. Because of this, I would like to continue to use it and I do not know of anything comparable that will run under Windows.

Most other databases that I have tried are too complex for my needs. Excel works OK but it is also too cumbersome. If dbase will not run under Vista, that will probably be my first alternative.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I suspect it'll probably run under Vista, and it's even more likely that if it doesn't, it'll run using Virtual PC running on Vista.

DCM1519

Thanks John

Hadn't thought about doing that but I will try it for sure.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts