1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can old DOS programs run under Vista?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by DCM1519, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCM1519

DCM1519 Thread Starter

I have one old DOS program that I hate to get rid of. It is dbaseIII and it runs under XP with no problems.

All my database info for the last 20 years is in there including some for my previous business and because it is such a simple but powerful program to use. Because of this, I would like to continue to use it and I do not know of anything comparable that will run under Windows.

Most other databases that I have tried are too complex for my needs. Excel works OK but it is also too cumbersome. If dbase will not run under Vista, that will probably be my first alternative.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suspect it'll probably run under Vista, and it's even more likely that if it doesn't, it'll run using Virtual PC running on Vista.

3. DCM1519

DCM1519 Thread Starter

Thanks John

Hadn't thought about doing that but I will try it for sure.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541211

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice