Can one reinstall NEWER version of Win XP SP2?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andarot

I 'd like to reinstall Win XP SP2 on my system - can I use a NEWER up-to-date version on CD - my orig. XP SP2 disk is quite old. [The present key for the system is probably different from the one I have on the old disk anyway].

[Just to check - I will be able to keep all my settings - except perhaps for odd prog? I would like esp. to keep my network/wireless settings - this is a 2nd computer on a home network]

Thx for any help.

Of course you can use any version of XP you like, though SP2 is SP2 and the version will be no different.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts