Can only access Google sites....help!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

praxis23

I recently got a new ISP (Comcast/Xfinity), and also purchased a brand new modem/router (Arris SB6782-AC). I am having an odd issue where I can only get onto some select websites. I can get on the Google family of sites, Google, Gmail, Youtube, etc., but cannot get on almost any other sites. I have a good connection, as it tests at about 28mbps down. The same problem is occurring if I go on WiFi or ethernet, and is occurring with all my devices. I have talked with Comcast tier 2 tech support, and they say everything is good on their end, and have re-provisioned my modem several times. They feel the issue is with the modem, however after 1+ hour on the phone with Arris, they think the issue is with Comcast. I have tried many different solutions, from trying different DNS configurations, to resets, to clearing network settings. I have also browsed many other forums, and lots of the solutions I see do not work for me. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online