1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can only connect thru Outlook Express!!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Vorpal22uk, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vorpal22uk

Vorpal22uk Thread Starter

Can I automatically connect through Internet Explorer? Currently I must go into Outlook Express to connect to server when preferably Internet Exp. would be first choice, preferably connecting to Outlook Exp. at same time. Can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

2. DoyceJ

DoyceJ

You can connect thru either and then open the other. If you are already online then it just takes care of itself. Is this what you are asking?

3. Vorpal22uk

Perhaps I didn't make myself too clear last post- I can only connect to the internet by clicking on outlook express. But what if I just want to go straight onto internet without bothering with email? Clicking on the icon brings up "cannot find server" & refreshing doesn't help. I used to be able to do this but obviously I've done something to my settings. How do I fix?

4. angel

angel

In IE, go to Tools>Internet Options, choose the Connections tab. What is selected there?

5. Vorpal22uk

Did as you said Angel & fault lay there (had it at don't connect). Works ok now. Many thanks.

6. angel

angel

Glad to hear it and thanks for letting us know!

7. Vorpal22uk

No, thank you!!!

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice