Can ONLY connect wireless at home...HELP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dkoholic

I have a 7 month old Toshiba satellite notebook with an internal wireless card. When it was new came with McAfee Antivirus.
I turned the notebook on - it found my wireless network no issue.
I then changed to ZoneAlarm. At home works fine.
When I go to Panera and attempt to use their free wireless... My wireless network connection icon says - 2 networks available click here to choose one.
When I click - It says NO networks available.

I found out my notebook has configfree software to find the wireless access points.
I attempted to use that software That software showed the access points but when I
Tried to connect it said error connecting.
I then changed my TCPIP setting took the checkmark out of allow Windows to manage my connection and
still got the error - can not connect.

I change all of my settings back - And when I went home - I had the same issues as at the Panera.
I finally had to do a windows restore to connect at home.

HELP - does anybody have clue what I need to change I would like to use my notebook wireless on other networks.

I am pretty lame. My network is open at home.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
Software Version: 7.0
I am Running - ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Try disabling ALL the firewalls, because I suspect that's the root of the problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online