Can only have usbs mount after opening diskmgmt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lucairian

I'm am having the issue of usb's not mounting unless I open diskmgmt, and rescan. It's getting to be quite annoying. Any suggestions?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A8-6600K APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 21 Model 19 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 7367 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon R7 200 Series, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 238372 MB, Free - 122125 MB; E: Total - 953865 MB, Free - 697880 MB; F: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 332389 MB; O: Total - 3862 MB, Free - 3814 MB; R: Total - 15388 MB, Free - 6341 MB; V: Total - 715037 MB, Free - 366042 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., G1.Sniper A88X-CF
Antivirus: None

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
1. welcome to Tech Support Guy
2. What usbs? please
3. Antivirus - NONE is that correct please
4. What have you tried up to now - that will save us both wasting time with me suggesting something that has already been tried

Lucairian

Multiple usb flash drives and portable hdd's. Mainly Sandisk and Toshiba. Yes, I do have Malwarebytes and Spyhunter installed, not sure why they didn't show. But I have uninstalled and reinstalled my drivers, unplugged everything from the pc, and still doesn't show in My Computer, until I open diskmgmt. I'm just finally frustrated with it.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
are these devices connected direct to the usb ports or via a usb extension hub
have you checked in power settings for usb ports and in device manager find the hub to which the device is connected and check there on power mamagement
Untitled.png

Download usbview for 64 bit from this link
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Last edited:

Lucairian

Yes, I have tried on both, and I also have it set on highest performance as well as any suspension of hdd or usb or any power management turned off. I have tried it both ways. I honestly have no idea what to do next. It makes transferring to my droid dev tools quite irritating.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
With respect you did not list power management settings when I asked
What have you tried up to now - that will save us both wasting time with me suggesting something that has already been tried
and now you have not answered - connected direct or via a usb extension hub
please do as I asked and download usbview

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online