1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can only remote into local pc thru wifi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Scodd, Nov 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scodd

Scodd Thread Starter

I remoted into an xp laptop on my home network with the laptop on wifi the first time and now I cannot remote in when the laptop is wired, only wifi. Any pc in the house can remote in from any switch, the router, wired or wifi, but when I turn off wifi on the laptop and plug it in, I cannot connect to it. Anyone have an idea for a resolution?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Addressing the laptop by computer name or IP address?

3. Scodd

Scodd Thread Starter

Can remote in using name or ip. When wireless off, I can ping laptop and open share, just not remote desktop.

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I cannot think of what might cause that, nor even how to trouble shoot it. :(

Any error message that may give somebody a clue?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026221

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice