Can Outlook 2007 Email to Outlook 2003?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

barryzito777

I know that 07 Word saves files in a .docx file that is not usable by the 97-03 Word and same goes for PowerPoint and Excell. My question is does this occur with Outlook 2007 also? I have a friend who said that he can't read my Outlook 2007 email to him (he uses the older version of outlook). Is there a way to change it so that I can send 2007 Outlook emails to people with the 97-03 versions?

DoubleHelix

Banned
An e-mail message does not have an Office file type, so the version of Outlook is irrelevant. There are thousands of e-mail clients and interfaces, and they can all send others e-mails. There's more to the story of why your friend can't read your e-mails. It's either a problem with the way you're formatting them or a problem with his Outlook settings.

And Office 2003 can certainly read Office 2007 file types with a free compatibility pack from Microsoft.

yea sorry for derailing this thread just didnt know they had that pack

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online