Can Paperport 3.0 be used with Windows XP?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sonswen

I am trying to use Visioneer Paperport version 3.0 software to work with my HP scanjet 4P scanner. It was included with the scanner and I used it successfully with Windows 95 and Windows 98. I now have a new computer with Windows XP. It will not work in Windows XP. Is there any way to update the driver to make it compatible with XP? I tried using Windows XP's compatibility wizard for Windows 95 and also 98 but it still would not work. I went to Visioneer's web site but they had no helpful information. Any ideas how I can get this program to work?
Thank you

buck52

Banned
Not much help for you other than to say...
I could not get an earlier version of Paperport to work with XP...

Probably a cop out but I wanted a new scanner anyway so I got one that came with XP compatible software...

buck

The oldest paperport that will work with XP is 7. I have had success loading paperport 6 on my machine and then loading 7 overtop. Then it works. If I just install 7 I have no twain device.
Paperport stinks, but I am stuck with it unless I get another scanner. I have tried other progs and nothing worked. The lack of support I received in this instance lead me to get paperport in a way I usually would not do, and will not mention here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.