Can partitioning be reversed?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Daskill

I have 100GB on my hard disk. Let's say I want to install some version of Linux. I create a partition of say, 30GB on my disk, install Linux and that's that. Now, if I later decide I don't like/need Linux anymore, can I then delete everything on the 30GB partition and give it back to Windows?

which OS are you using?

if you are using vista, the built in disk management system can do it very easily.

one thing to be wary of: a linux installation will automatically install a bootloader, and simply removing the linux partition wont correct this. you would need to use the windows disc and for xp use the repair console and use: "fix/ mbr", and with vista, tell it your location, and click repair.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online