1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can pictures be deleted from the "background" list in Display Properties [Win XP]?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Shy Orchid, Aug 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shy Orchid

Shy Orchid Thread Starter

In Windows XP, is there any way to remove the list of "My Pictures" from the wallpaper (background) list in Display Properties? Every picture I've saved from the Internet and every picture I've saved from my digital camera appears in the list of background pictures that can be chosen from the "Desktop" tab in Display Properties. MOST of these pictures would be inappropriate as desktop wallpaper so I'd rather not have them as choices in the list (menu). In addition, there are hundreds of them! I don't want to delete them from "My Pictures" however. Thanks.

2. brushmaster1

brushmaster1

[tsg=welcome] Welcome to TSG! [/tsg]

Try moving them from "My Pictures" to another folder...

3. jb142081

jb142081

You have to delete or move those pictures

4. Shy Orchid

Shy Orchid Thread Starter

I moved all the pics to another folder and that did the trick. Yea! Thanks so much to you both.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!