1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can psychics really see the past/future?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by marysol2103, Sep 19, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. marysol2103

marysol2103 Thread Starter

I’m sure everyone has seen the signs for “$5 Psychic Readings” in their town or while traveling elsewhere. What I wanted to discuss here were your thoughts on using psychics for more than just personal entertainment, more specifically in police and detective work.

There’s been documented cases in the past where police haven’t been able to solve a crime, at which point they turn to a psychic for help. What I find the most interesting is when the psychics they hire actually solve the case.

What are your thoughts on this? What about using psychics to help solve some of the current investigations (such as the Peterson or Hacking trials?)

I’m not an expert myself on the topic, but I’ve been learning a bit more from a new show on Court TV called Psychic Detectives. It’s on Wednesday’s at 9:30pm in case you want to watch it too.

~ Marysol

2. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru

There's people who actually watch that crap?!! :eek:

3. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Servant I was going to say that but I didn't want to take your thunder away cuz I knew you were going to say that. Would you mind next time if I said it first? Skip it.....I already know the answer. :D

4. Big-K

Big-K

Remember Miss Cleo? Ever wonder why you dont see her anymore? One, psychic's went out of style long ago. Two, I think she got sued.

I remember a south park episode from a little while back. Some of the kids go to cali and they meet a psychic. One of them calls him a do***bag and nominates him for do*** of the universe award. Some aliens take him away suddenly, and to prove the psychic was fake, the kid who called him that makes a prediction based on logic, and everyone else thinks hes a psychic. Turns out people are just suckers for this stuff.

5. brindle

brindle

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
  7. Katzy

Katzy

How many people who profess to be able to see into the future have won the lottery?

Nuff said. ;)

8. Steppinstone

Steppinstone

Welcome to TSG Marysol!!
    While I don't believe they can predict the future I do believe that there are people who have a true gift at having visions that can aid in Police investigations! I believe that people who have this gift are not out to profit from it or to gain attention.

Have you ever noticed that the Physics that have helped solve crimes are usually woman??? I believe that most woman are given an extreme 6 th sense and it gets more fine tuned as we become mothers.

Let's be nice and have no slamming ;)

9. MightyQueenC

MightyQueenC

Well I don't watch any Psychic shows and am not even sure if I believe in them or not...
    BUT
    25 years ago at a fair, I had my Tarot cards read. He "found" that I would end up somewhere, high ( ;) ) on a hillside, on an island where it was warm all the time, and that I would have dark-skinned (tanned?) young men waiting on me. That's sounds like a lovely way to end my days.:) He also "found" that I would have 3 boys, born blonde but would darken. At the time I was married to a blonde but we didn't have any plans for children. It was never really a dream of mine to even have children.
    15 years ago I met a dark haired man and we had 3 boys, born blonde but are now very much dark-haired.
    Spooky...

Carolyn :)

Darn...maybe the "dark-skinned men waiting on me" are MY boys, tanned...that would kinda suck :p

10. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

I don't beleive in the shows and the people who want all that money. I do think there is some insight though in people. I definetly have had some dreams that have tearned out semi-true that gave me quite a spook. I would definetly go around saying i'm a psychic and asking for money though.

11. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

Welcome to TSG Marysol. :) I used to believe in psychics until I posed a question in here somewhere and got negative responses! So I started doing some research which pretty much made me no longer believe that a psychic...such as Sylvia Brown...could assist police in finding deceased people or solving crimes. I can't find one case that was actually solved by a psychic. I've never believed in John Edwards...you can tell how he gets lucky on guesses and asking question after question to his "victims'. It's kind of sad these people are led to believe that he spoke to their deceased loved ones and they believe him! :rolleyes: I think it all boils down to what we want to believe! ;) Same goes with interpreting the Bible or Nostradamus. Take care. angel :)

12. I Fix 4 U

I Fix 4 U

yah i dont beleive in any of that bs. no person is a true psychic but everyone has feeling and sometimes you can have a little insite. Solving crimes being psychic is off the wall though.

13. izme

izme

A psychic told me that I would be way hotter than Mulder at TSG with the ladies

What an accurate statement :D

14. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

I never said I was a psychic!! :p ;) :D

Hi Stephen...you hot fishyman you! ;) :)

15. Big-K

Big-K

It's weird, i'm always having things happen, but i seem to remember it already happen, maybe in a dream, but im always getting deja vu

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!