1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can region 7 DVD player play region (1+2+3+4+5+6) DVD without region changed?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by animekill, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. animekill

animekill Account Closed Thread Starter

can region 7 (not selected) DVD player play region (1+2+3+4+5+6) DVD without region changed ?
    in other words , does a ALL region DVD appear the same as region free DVDs to DVD players?

i used an old edition of DVD shrink to make some DVD movies before. but later i changed to AnyDVD with DVDclone. AnyDVD told me that the DVDs that were made with DVDshrink has region code locked to 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 instead of being region free. whilst those made with DVD clone, are recognized as region free.

i would like to ask if the DVD region of a DVD player has to be changed to one of the following: 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 when i put a DVD made with DVD shrink into it? given that the DVD player is a new one, not yet played any DVD, which should has a region code of 7 ( not selected). what will happen if i really put one of those DVD made with DVD shrink (with six regions allowed.) into my DVD player? would it just automatically change itself into 1? (because 1 is the smallest but i do not live in US or Canada!) i am so afraid that i do not dare putting the DVD to try it on my own in case it will waste the number of times i can change the region.

can anyone answer me?

2. animekill

animekill Account Closed Thread Starter

no one know?

3. Cross_syd

Cross_syd

1. Discussion about DVD Shrink and other illegal copy dvds is not allowed (i just want let you know).
    *** Mod edit of "helpful" suggestions ***

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Discussions of illegal movie copies and tools are off-topic here, please read the TSG Rules.

And Cross_syd, what part of illegal discussions didn't you understand?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!