1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can See PC But Can't Access On W LAN

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Awan, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Awan

Awan Thread Starter

Hi Everyone
    I've two laptops Lenovo Win7 64bit and Acer Win7 32bit. Acer has wireless epson sx235w installed on it and it is shared. I have also created a homegroup on it. Network discovery is on and files and folder shared but not functioning. All the related services are enabled but two of them wont start not even manually. I tried to leave the homegroup but for some reason Win7 does not allow me to remove homegroup. Surprisingly Acer can see Lenovo and can acess files through network.

Lenovo can see and ping the Acer but can not access. When it tries to connect Acer, a box appears asking for user name and password. I use the same password that I use on Acer but sys says it is bad/wrong user name or password. This computer Lenovo has vmware workstation installed on it and I've disabled those virtual interfaces.

Other problem is lonovo cant join homegroup. It only asks for creating homegroup.

Any help how I can access Acer from Lonovo and access wirless printer or joining homegroup greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089204

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice