1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can send and receive email but cannot browse internet

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by beeksmi, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beeksmi

beeksmi Thread Starter

I'm trying to help my cousin with her HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC with AMD Turion(tm) Dual-Core Mobile RM-72 2.10 GHz computer. It has Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 and 64-bit Operating System

She is able to send and receive emails with no problems, except that she cannot open links. We have been able to open no websites and I have been through all of the tech support options with her ISP. We uninstalled the update for IE 8 and removed Cyber Defender to enable internet access but the problem has reoccured and I haven't been able to remove the Cyber Defender program again (will not be removed from the Add/Remove Program list). Neither does it work to remove the IE8 update. Access denied on several funtions although she is the administrator and only user.

I've deleted everything I can find in Safe Mode related to Cyber Defender and the IE8 again. Was able to download Mozilla Firefox and am working through pages on it.

Can you help me with an answer for DNS errors on internet explorer even though I can send and receive emails on her computer?

Thanks for you help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/894773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice