1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can small dead pixels go away over time?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VictimOfAMDlaptop, Nov 12, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. VictimOfAMDlaptop

VictimOfAMDlaptop Thread Starter

So, today in the morning when I opened my laptop. There was a small cluster of dead pixels not more than a cm big. Then, I physically applied force on the dead pixels to get rid of it. Now its not dark but still it doesn't look good.
    Here are the pictures of it,

Attached Files:

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  3. VictimOfAMDlaptop

4. VictimOfAMDlaptop

5. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Dead pixels don't come alive. The fix is to replace the screen.
    Since they seem to be clustered together, I suspect the screen was damaged in that spot.

You also appear to be having another problem with BSOD on this at least 3 year old laptop. It might not pay you to replace the screen but rather save money for an up to date Win 10 laptop.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice