1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can someone explain this PayPal thingy to me?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Alex Ethridge, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

I know this isn't the paypal support site; but, I need a quick answer or I might have a problem. Here are the facts:
    • I opened a PayPal account years ago. It was activated and all that stuff. I know the account is set up properly because I sold an item on eBay a few months back and had the PayPal payment transferred from the PayPal account to my checking account.
    • I bought something on eBay yesterday.
    • I went to the PayPal account and issued the seller a payment that is called an e-check.
    • I have my checking account listed as the funding account.
    Now, do I need to transfer funds from the funding checking account to the PayPal account, or does PayPal do that for me?

Rant:
    I tried to pay a seller a couple of years ago for a scanner; but, I got so disgusted trying to figure out how to use PayPal that I finally, in frustration, mailed the guy a check.

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Paypal will pay the vendor and take the money from your bank account. Paypal will issue record to you by email.
    If you don't get a record from them in a day or two, follow-up with them as something has gone wrong

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge Thread Starter

Thanks, it isn't easy to find the information on their web site. I guess it's there; I just don't know how they word it--the title or question and all.

4. imperfeckd

imperfeckd Banned

This comes from a site that opens up the Truth to Paypal....i think of it as paypal Beware...here is the link for this site...i hope it helps anyone who has doubts or is having problems about Paypal...

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

1. According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service) in effect means you waive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal account, or if you do, then they have the right to limit your account. Is this legal? We don't know. But it's how Paypal operates. See my credit card waiver page for more information.

2. Their customer service is horrible. They used to hide their telephone number, (intentionally - by their own admission) and only provided support via "form" emails:
    "As for the customer service, Sollitto said they intentionally make the phone number very difficult to find in order to save costs."

This is confirmed in the book "PayPal Wars". If you have a problem, you are at their mercy! (And you will eventually have a problem.) The only reason their number can be found now is because they were forced to by law (EFTA Electronic Funds Transaction Act) due to complaints from users of this website. You can also click on our FAQs page. Just scroll down a bit, and you'll find their phone numbers, plus their toll free numbers as well, plus a huge list of unpublished PayPal phone numbers.

5. LauraMJ

LauraMJ Administrator

Really? I haven't found it so......I've called their number a couple of times (not for any problem, just general questions) and once when I wanted to change the status of one of my accounts (from a premier to a personal) and I was connected to a person very quickly each time and always found them very helpful, very friendly, my questions (and account change) was taken care of immediately and best of all, they all spoke english as their first language ! ;) I usually recommend people call paypal if they have a question cause I've found them to be very accommodating. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice