1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can Someone Help A Damsel In Distress!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by B1tch69, Feb 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. B1tch69

B1tch69 Thread Starter

I have a problem with the program "SONIC MYDVD PLUS". It keeps coming up with the message " The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
    Click "OK" to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "MYDVD.MSI" in the box below.

USE SOURCE
    c:\hp\tmp\src\

I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED AND CANNOT GET RID OF THE TWO GREY BOXES ON MY SCREEN AND IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE.............SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

2. rolandk10

rolandk10

If all you are trying to do is get rid of the boxes and not actually use the program, you could just try an uninstall from the control panel. There are other programs, including windows media player, that can play dvd's if you need.

On the other hand, if you are trying to use the program, the MSI it's refering to is an install program. Usually, you get a request for an MSI file if the program became corrupt or never finished installing some feature or even some junk update could have caused it. It would be found on the original cd or the recovery applications cd that came with an OEM computer...which I'm assuming is what's going on here as it sounds like this was a pre-installed program.

3. B1tch69

B1tch69 Thread Starter

Yes this was a pre-installed program. I don't suppose you would know where to get MyDVD.MSI from would you as i've spent the last 8 hours trying to solve the problem.
    I would be forever in your debt for the help.

4. rolandk10

rolandk10

The places I would start looking are: The recovery cd's. Often you will have two of these and one has a label that says something to the effect "applications software". The other place could be if your system has a partition that takes the place of this cd. You can see if you have this by looking in "my Computer". If you see a second hard drive that is very small, like 5 gig's or less, it could be in there.

Keep in mind that these recovery cd's and partitions, don't always have the programs stored like a retail disk would. They are often in "cabinet" files (referred to as cabs) or another proprietary format . This is done to prevent someone from distributing software around to other computers. If this is the case, you may have to contact HP for further details on how to reinstall or repair the program in question. Otherwise, it's late and many of the forum users are offline at the moment. You may find someone tomorrow who knows exactally where, if anywhere you can look.

5. B1tch69

B1tch69 Thread Starter

I've managed to uninstall Sonic MyDVD now. The trouble is I'm trying to install my new all-in-one printer, it gets so far into the install and then fatal error and MSI.sonic_primoSDK appears. I copied and pasted the MSI into google and it said nothing found. I feel like a goldfish going round a bowl.

6. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, Would you be so kind as post the exact make and model number of the computer, please, and I can help you.

7. B1tch69

B1tch69 Thread Starter

HP Pavilion media centre A1615 uk pc. I think that is what you were referring too, bearing in mind i have sleep deprivation as i've been trying to sort this out for over 10 hours.

8. B1tch69

B1tch69 Thread Starter

Just a BIG THANKS to u guys that helped me earlier, greatly appreciated.
    (y)

9. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

Hi, I went to the UK support site for the Pavilion but there are over 300 models within the main A1615UK family...take a look at the back of the computer if it is a tower or the bottom if a notebook, and find the SKU number similar to what is shown here:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look..._query=Pavilion+A1615uk&submit.x=2&submit.y=6

Then we can look up the best support info for your sub-model.

I've read a few things from forum posts about this same message you get for Sonic DVD but they did not really help so I will keep on looking, in the meantime someone may add some help for you....

Get some rest.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/543913

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice