1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can Someone Help Me???

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Josh14, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh14

Josh14 Thread Starter

:confused: I just got a PentiumIII 1.13Ghz Proccessor, Nvidia GeForce2 MX-400 64mb, and a Soyo SY-7VCA-E Motherboard. When I got the computer all put togeter and applied power i heard both fans running and the hard drive running, but the moniter was blank.:mad:

IF anyone Knows what the heck is wrong could you please help me figure out what is wrong!!! Thank You

Josh

2. rmay635703

rmay635703

Too many things to list

Does the mobo BEEP? If not it may be dead or incorrectly configured.

First off pull out everything unnecessary, modems, sound, nic, etc. Than disconnect the hard drive and cd-drive from the motherboard.

Try firing it up.

If it fires cabling might be wrong of one of the components is either, dead, incompatible, or not seated properly.

If it doesn't beep and still doesn't fire up take out the video card and try turning it on. If it beeps your mobo lives but your video is either dead or incompatible.

No beeps still? Ram or cpu not configured/seated properly, or your mobo is grounding to the case somewhere or it is plain dead, occasionally a bad psu can cause this also.

And remember, NEVER run any system without a heatsync fan even to test as it will die.

Cheers

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'd start the process by removing the MB from the case, and firing it up on the bench with nothing but the keyboard, speaker, video board, and the monitor attached. Try to get the MB functioning before you start adding other stuff. If it works on the bench, put the same configuration into the case and get it working there. Then, you can start adding the other parts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice