1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can Someone Please help me with Windows Explorer

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Emm, Apr 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Emm

Emm Thread Starter

Can someone please help me again!, When i browse certain music files using windows explorer or my computer, the explorer encounters a problem and closes, i don't have any idea at all what to do or what is wrong. I don't know whether this is connected but i cannot burn some of the files with nero either. I hope someone can help me again cos this is driving me crazy. I can however open the files from Media Player and play them.

2. rude

rude

Can you give us any error messages you recieved?the more info you can give,the easier it will be to help you.Please include system info and if you can,file properties.

3. Emm

Emm Thread Starter

Ok, sometimes no error message at all but usually it just say Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close etc. How do i access the system info and file properties?

4. rude

rude

By "system info" I mean what is your OS and computer brand and ram...

file properties:find a file that gives you the same problem and right click on it and select properties.Tell me what it says there.

5. Emm

Emm Thread Starter

Right, system info is
    Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP 1
    AMD Athlon (tm) xp 2400 + 2.0 Ghz
    512 MB Ram
    80 GB Hard Disk

As for the properties, there is nothing different in that folder than there is in one that works, i cant get the properties of the files because as soon as i open the folder explorer closes.

6. snappy_31

snappy_31

Emm is it just a certain few files? .. what is the extension ie. Tunes.Mp3 etc .. If it is only a couple of files then remove the files and redownload from a different source.
    Also I would wonder if there is more than one Media player installed. ex. Windows Media player & Winamp or Real player etc .. Sometimes these guys fight over files
    Peter

7. Emm

Emm Thread Starter

Peter thanks for replying, yes its just certain files, i can access them through windows media player and play them. And i think i could have more than one media player, yes i have Windows Media Player Version 9, and Nero Media Player. I don't know if this is connected but Nero is also playing up and will not burn some of my mp3 files.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!