1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can someone plz help me?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lucky_fox, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lucky_fox

lucky_fox Thread Starter

last night i had bought some movies and images in my pendrive from my friend. When i pluged in pendrive to computer it poped up a message saying i need to format the drive before using it. I formatted it and now i am not able to see my files. can anyone tell me what has happen. where are the movies.

2. henry_jones77

henry_jones77

Hi lucky,

You have formatted your pen drive so only option left is to recover them by using recovery software. Now stop using your pen drive to avoid overwriting of data and try using USB data recovery software which will recover all your files.

You can download trial version of the software and recover your files.

3. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

All that was on the Pen Drive would have been removed once you clicked Format.
    Unlikely that you will be able to recover them.

4. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Go back to your friend and ask for them again and perhaps get them on a CDRW as well, just in case you come across the same problem.

Jenny

5. dukevyner

dukevyner

formatting will completely wipe a device... anything on the device... is gone forever... sorry

6. Firebreather

Firebreather

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025962

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice