1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can someone review these Gaming specs on my PC?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ClearHorizOn, Jan 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ClearHorizOn

ClearHorizOn Thread Starter

So I have a gaming PC and I just purchased a new gtx 1060 gpu. However, the performance doesnt seem to be improving in any of my games. My previous card was a gtx 960, and I am starting to think it may be my processor that is bottleneck my performance. I would appreciate some input guys, thanks!

Here are the stats I have on my PC atm:

Processor AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
    Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
    RAM 16 GB
    Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 14393), 64-bit

For some context, I play h1z1 king of the kill and max out at about 60fps. I have friends who have older GPU's such as the gtx 970 that get about double that of what I am getting in my 1060. All the game settings are set to low as well. Thanks!

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    AMD FX-8350 4.00 GHz 8-core processor
    cpu.JPG
    It uses 125W and has an average benchmark score of 8938.

GeForce GTX 960 graphic card
    gpu1.JPG
    It uses 120W and requires a minimum of a 400W power supply and has an average benchmark score of 5859.

GeForce GTX 1060 graphic card
    gpu2.JPG
    It uses 120W and requires a minimum of a 400W power supply and has an average benchmark score of 8786.

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but I don't believe the processor is bottlenecking the new graphic card.

What's the brand name and model number and wattage of the power supply?

We don't know how you use and maintain your computer or what's installed and running in it, so there could be a number of reasons for its unsatisfactory gaming performance.

-------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!