1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can someone tell me if this is a good MiniDV camcorder please

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by hi!, Oct 1, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

this sure looks good, it is small and portable and is digital.. the price is unbelivable!! and i never saw a camcorder that looks like a ditial camera before.. I try to find reviews on it on the web but couldn't...

Does anyone have this? and why is it so cheap for a miniDV digital camera?? well the list price is $378 and there is a 100 dollar rebate for it.. so in the end it is $278.00 not too bad!! plus i get a $50 giftcertificate from amazon!!!

Sharp VLNZ55U MiniDV Viewcam Camcorder with 3" Color LCD Screen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

Screen: 1% Low Reflective LCD View Screen at 3.0"
    Zoom Optical/Digital : 10x/300x
    Digital Gamma Brightness Compensation: Yes
    Digital Image Stabilization: Yes
    i-Link (IEEE1394) Port: Yes
    USB Digital PC Interface: No
    270º Variable Angle/Self Record: Yes
    SD Memory Card: No
    Playback with Sound: Yes
    3 Level Digital Zoom: Yes
    Gain Up/Backlight Compensation: Yes
    Remote Control: No
    On Screen Recording Guide: Yes
    Fader: Yes
    Quick Review/Quick Return: Yes
    Edit/Search: Yes
    Digital Picture Effects: Yes
    Scene Menu : Yes
    Iris/White Balance Lock : Yes
    Auto/Manual Focus: Yes
    LCD View Screen Brightness/Color Control: Yes
    Battery/Tape Remaining Display: Yes
    Two Audio Track/Record (12/16 Bit) : Yes
    Power Saving LCD Off Function: Yes
    16:9 Record Mode: Yes
    SP/LP Record Mode: Yes
    Demo Mode: Yes
    External Input Recording: No
    Dimensions: (w x h x d) 5 9/16" x 3 11/32" x 2 5/16"
    Weight : (in lbs.) 1.011
    Battery (Lithium-Ion) : Yes, 1 supplied--model number: BT-L225U2
    AC Adapter: Yes
    Tripod Adapter: Yes
    Remote Batteries: No
    A/V Dubbing Cables: Yes
    Wrist Strap: Yes
    Lens Cap/Lens Hood : Yes

3. gws226

gws226

4. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

i did that seach and it's all generic :( guess no one had personal expericne from this camcorder

5. pronute

pronute

It's cheap because it's an entry level digital camcorder very few features ad even less capabilities, however if your only going to use it now and again on vacation, special occasions and such and not professionally, then it's a good deal why not. My neighbor bought a top of the line Sony digital camcorder over $1500 and used it about ten times in the past year when he first got he was very excited but that fades after a while. If you are going to use this like the average user then go for it rather then pay out the butt for all the bells and whistles that you probably wont use or maybe even ever figure out.
    click here for the VL-NZ55U

6. pronute

pronute

Oh yeah where did you find this for such a good price I may look into buying one.

7. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

sorry i didn't answer sooner.. anyway The rebate ended in 2 days anyway.. I thought i left enough clues in my post so if you guys were interested you would have checked it out.....

I mentioned Amazon.. and if you put that Model number in.. it would bring up the offer with the rebate... I like it, it's only for me to play around with... not bad for $288 for a mini digital camcorder.. i can fit it in my pants!! plus a $50.00 amazon giftcertificate!! i just have to wait for the $100 rebate that's all....

Figures after i brought it.. I FOUND a nice sweet deal for another digital camcorder.. It's smaller and more compact and it's only $200 dollars!!! no rebates nothing!! it's by Gateway. and it's on their site

[​IMG]

The Gateway™ DV-S20 Pocket Multi-Cam is an affordable way to capture great times with friends and family. The extremely versatile DV-S20 is a digital camcorder and camera - all in one compact, lightweight design. At just 4.3 oz. and 1.2” thick, it fits neatly into your pocket or purse – perfect for people on-the-go.

Track all the action with the 1.5” LTPS flip-out and reversible color LCD. You won’t miss a thing with the 320x240 MPEG4 QVGA video and 2.5x digital zoom. Plus, pictures stay crisp and clear with the 2 megapixel camera, internal flash and an image resolution of up to 1600x1200.

The DV-S20 captures up to 18 minutes of video with or up to 700 still pictures directly into its 64MB internal memory. That means no tapes to buy – ever! For extra room, use the SD memory card slot for memory expansion – with a single 512MB SD card you can record more than two hours of video or up to 5600 still pictures.

Sharing the fun is easy – just download video and images directly into your PC through the DV-S20’s standard USB port. Then use the included Pinnacle software to edit and create home videos or short films. Or use the audio/video output for instant TV playback.

While the Gateway™ DV-S20 Pocket Multi-Cam is perfect for always keeping with you and capturing those great videos or pictures you always used to miss, there are better options for recording those moments you’d like to save for a lifetime – check out our great selection of top MiniDV Camcorders in our Digital Camcorder category.

For double the battery life (up to 90 minutes) and more, purchase the DV-S20 Accessory Kit for only $39.99 that includes all the essentials– rechargeable batteries with re-charger, a camera pouch, AC adapter, and a desk tri-pod.

Analog Video Format Digital Video MPEG4 QVGA 320x240 @22 to 25fps (frames per second, progressive scan)
    Battery 2 AA Alkaline batteries provide up to 45 minutes of usage; also accepts optional rechargeable batteries that can provide up to 90 minutes of power.
    Camera Flash Internal
    Digital Zoom 2.5X
    Dimensions (WxDxH) 3.5”x2.5”x1.2”
    Display 1.5” LTPS reversible Color LCD
    Flash Memory 64MB internal
    Focal Length 1.2 m - Infinity
    Focus Adjustment Manual, Automatic
    Lens Aperture F2.8
    Localization English
    Manufacturer Warranty 1 year limited
    Media Type SD Card
    Microphone Yes
    Min Focus Range 1.2 m
    Product Type Pocket size digital camcorder and camera
    Sensor Resolution 1,920,000 pixels (1600 x 1200)
    Shooting Modes 3 quality settings (Super Fine, Fine and Normal)
    Webcam Capability No
    Weight 4.3 oz

8. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

i like that gateway a lot better and it's cheaper too :( oh well... and it's more compact too... It not as powerful but for that price and just something to play with.. it's more than fine... it also looks like a spy camcorder for sneaking pics if you know like a robber is robbing a store or someone doing bad stuff.. so you can catch them on film.....

but there are some drawbacks i believe.. but you know what Don't matter, the price and convenience is Great for this type of camera... shoot my digital camera was almost this price and you are talking about a digital camcorder..........

This takes Regular Batteries but if you buy the rechargeable types then it'll be ok...

and you have to have a Memory Card not a mini dv cassttee... but i guess that is ok too....

but for that price and size. it's good!!

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!