1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can someone watch you through webcam??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Thuyan, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Thuyan

Thuyan Thread Starter

Yes i am being paranoid right now :p
    okk so here is the thingggggg
    okk so i got a new laptop with built in webcam. today, my formspring password was changed O___O idkk how.....its either someone hacked it OR i typed in the wrong password, im like 90% sure it was accurate.Im scared, because i use someone elses linkysys, idkk whos! my router broke, so i have been using someone elses lately. i heard people can watch ur webcam if ur using a local network. Well, i checked my computer with spybot,malwarebytes, and AVG free. they all say no viruses/trojans/malware....should i be worried.....​

2. SeishiNui

SeishiNui

When you've encountered that your Formspring password was wrong, did you tried it over just to make sure? Also, have you tried forgetting/resetting your password?

As for the webcam, you were saying that you are using a public connection to surf the web, right? You observe your webcam, if it light's up, I mean the signal indicator, then it was being accessed.

3. Thuyan

Thuyan Thread Starter

Hi, there! and my webcam doesnt have a light, its a built in webcam! its from acer, so it dont have a lightt :p

4. SeishiNui

SeishiNui

have you tried accessing your own webcam? funny thing is, my laptop was acer as well, and it indeed has a signal ligth - a small LED.

5. Thuyan

Thuyan Thread Starter

lmfao :) thats cool :DD
    and yes i can access my quickcam! :p

6. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

If you're so worried, why not just disable the webcam? Or a low-tech solution: put a piece of tape over it.

7. TOGG

TOGG

8. bp936

bp936

I you are using some else's network or connections, they can also do the same to your computer. You really should refrain from accessing other people's router/

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/942925