can somone help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PlUc

hello..im not sure if thhis is the righ tplace but i have a question..
ok i wana switch from Windows Me to Windows 2000 but if i try to put 2000 on itll format and ill loose everything...i have 28 gigs of movies and songs and i dont wana loose them.is there a way i can prevent this....without burning all that on to cds.....thanks alot guys

Have you thought about getting a second hard drive - you could move everything across that you wanted to save - then it wouldn't be affected.

PlUc

.....well i figured thatd be expensive just to switch this over.i have an old 4 gig..but that wont hold 28.ahaha..

PlUc

what abotu a partitioning program......is there a good partitioning program besides partition magic.for some reason that wont work on my computer

I dont think the free partitioning progs will partition with the drive
contents in place, but i may be wrong.
And i thought that 2000 had an option early in setup for keeping
ones files/folders.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online