1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can"t connect to MYSPACE web site

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BallBoy007, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BallBoy007

BallBoy007 Thread Starter

I am using Windows xp(sp2) and IE7 and can't access the MySpace web site. If I type in www.myspace.com in to the browser I get a page that tells me "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page". I have gone into the security settings and have tried to add MySpace to the trusted sites (it is now listed as a trusted site)and I tried setting the security settings for trusted sites at the lowest level. One thing that is odd is that if I go to Google and do a search for myspace I am able to access the "search" page of myspace and then by using the tabs at the top of the page I am able to go to SOME of the Myspace pages but not all. If I try the "Home" tab it gives me the same "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page" display. What am I doing wrong? Should't there be some way to make the windows security features to let this site through? I have tried all that I know and have asked a few friends what to do. I'm about at the end of my rope on this one.

Thanks for your help.

2. remaja

remaja

here's a simple solution for not only one but many of your problem that you might come across in the future.

keep ie 7 but go and download firefox
    www.mozilla.com
    I have never ever received and problems with this browser, plus I am able to surf faster with it

3. Blackmirror

Blackmirror

Try emptying your temp files and cookies in tools internet options

4. BallBoy007

Hey thanks for the ideas but neither of these things helped. I still am looking for a way to connect to the myspace web site.

5. remaja

remaja

it's not the problem with the browser then. I would guess that it's your Internet connection.

what other websites can you not go into? is your ISP blocking you form entering into any sites?

do you have a firewall? can you try disable your firewall and see?
    (note if you are using comodo firewall, after disabling it go to alt+ctrl+del. processes and close cmdagent. or was it cmdgent to make sure the firewall is really off.)

are you by any chance have any URL filtering on? where are you using you Internet from?

6. popped

popped

I have exactly the same problem here, in France, for three or four days!
    I've tried to change all the seetings but it's always the same "Internet Explorer cannot display the web page"!
    Even so my firewalls are disable, the security is on low level...
    I guess there is something wrong with Myspace...

7. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

I just tried Myspace and the web site comes up here in the USA. If you can browse to other sites it is not the browser it is more than likely the one site in your area.

8. ACA529

ACA529

Ballboy007, do you live in France too? 'Cause it might have been a French ISP that blocked the website.

9. BallBoy007

No, I'm not in France. I'm in the USA. I don't think it's a MySpace problem but a IE or other computer based security problem. I have not run into any other sites where I had the same trouble. As far as the MySpace site if I go through Google to the MySpace "search" page I can search for users and connect to people's pages but I'm unable to go to the home page and get any information there or create a new account ect. I don't have my own account with MySpace but I have had friends over who want to get on to check up on things and they can't get on. I know a year ago they were able to get on because they were showing me what it was all about. Since then I have added "Spyware Doctor and Allura Spyware Security. I have looked all through these two items and can't find anything to tell me either way if they are blocking MySpace or if I need to change or add something in their settings to allow access. The only other change in the past year would be the upgrade of IE6 to IE7. For some reason I belive that is where the problem is even though Firefox won't connect either. I know at some point over the past year I was able to type "www.myspace.com" into the browser and connect to the page to see what was going on. Then at some point it stopped working (I'm not sure when) but I was able to use Google to access my friends pages. I thought that the problem was just temporary and would pass. But it hasn't. I've shut of my firewall, set security settings to low, added Myspace to "Trusted" sites and even checked the "restricted" sites to see if it was listed in there. My ISP is verizon DSL and if they have some kind of security blocking this URL I haven't seen any thing that I can do to make any changes. So if anyone has any ideas I'm open to trying almost anything. How about a "clean" reinstallation of Windows xp?

10. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Since you are in the good old USA and you apparently can browse to other sites quite easily I would venture to say I do not think this is a problem with your browser since you can browse to other sites.

First of all not knowing how old you are but since you are interested in myspace.com I will assume that you are young enough to have parents that might be putting some restrictions on you and your browsing. If this is the case there is nobody here that can or will help you get around these program(s). Myspace.com is up and running correctly and the only thing that can be stopping it is settings on your computer or thru your ISP.

11. remaja

remaja

there has been an earthquake dec last year in Taiwan. which caused a lot of ISP to have traffic congestions. especially in the south east Asia.even after more than a month. some ISPs connectivity is still not very stable.
    so anyone from asia (china, taiwan, japan se asia) who want to connect to usa hosted sites may encounter problems.

12. ACA529

ACA529

Yes, I've heard of this also.

13. remaja

remaja

that's what happen to me. my ISP said they needed one month to do all the repairs and that they do not have any backup routes. frustrating times really. very, very, frustrating times.

14. BallBoy007

Once again, No. I live by myself and my parents don't have any blocks on my computer. So if it is with the computer settings does anyone want to tell me where I should start checking? I'm not a computer wizard so I need some help to walk me through the most likely places to check for problems. I'm still looking at my ISP "verizon" but I've never ask to have anything blocked and I can"t imagine that they would be blocking one of the most popular sites on the web.

So, any more ideas or help that's out there would be appreciated.:confused:

Thanks everyone for your help so far. It just seems like I'm locked into a hopeless problem.

15. Daredeval756

Daredeval756

It seems like everybody that i know has been having this issue, you are not the only one, i believe there servers are just extremely over-crowded because the page is still there if you observe the little symbol is still there in the address bar , i e-mailed MySpace, and got this message:

Hello,

Please verify that you are logging in with the correct password and username. We also recommend clearing your browser's cookies and temporary internet files and then try logging in again.

Often, changing internet browsers can do the trick. For example, try Internet Explorer if you are using AOL. Note: Mac users should use Safari or Firefox for the best browsing results.

Also, try lowering your browsers security settings. If you are using a firewall, try lowering those settings, if possible.

If you have already tried the methods above, check to make sure your profile still exists by finding your profile on the site. Also, look for comments you posted on your friends' profiles. If you cannot find your profile, it may have been deleted. MySpace may delete profiles if they violate the site's Terms and conditions. You cannot retrieve a deleted account.

If problems persist, please reply to this e-mail and provide a brief explanation of the problem that you are having, the e-mail address and password with which you are trying to log in.

If this does not answer your question, please click:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...n=misc.contact

Thank you,

MySpace.com

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541092

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice