1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

can`t delete download folders

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by shadowshad437, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shadowshad437

shadowshad437 Thread Starter

Why is it that i can`t delete a folder in my downloads?The folders are empty but still show up in my downloads.When i click delete i get the messages "you need permission to perform this action"and "you require permission from the computer's administrator to make changes to this folder" I am an administrator.Don't understand.

2. piney84

piney84 Account Closed

First have you tried turning it off and on?
    second you could try run command prompt as administartor and deleting it with that.
    click start > type cmd > right click cmd.exe and select run as administrator

in the black box type "RD %userprofile%\downloads\foldertodelete" (or the full path to your downloads folder eg "C:\downloads\foldertodelete")

hope that helps

3. shadowshad437

shadowshad437 Thread Starter

Didn`t seem to work,couldn`t fide file path.Thanks anyway for your prompt reply.

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    If you have installed IE9, then, this is one of those "System" folders that IE 9 is going to use what the user account is used to download. Yes, IE 9 has messed with where one is going to download things. I don't think you are going to be able to remove it.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/992564

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice