Can the avast firewall interfere with hamachi

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

theredabsol

so my Hamachi stopped working and then I tried all the different networking fixes and none of them work so then I tried to use it on a different computer also has the Avast firewall installed and it still didn't work so that leads me to think that maybe the Avast firewall might be what's wrong but I'm not sure

If both of you are using Windows 10 uninstall Avast AV and enable Windows Defender to see if this improves your issue. Connection problems are not always due to AV security settings. It could relate to settings in Hamachi.

bobs-here

Bob
thats not the problem im having
if using win10. compatibility with hamachi could be an issue. as seen in the link.
http://windowsreport.com/hamachi-windows-10/

the page offers four solutions to help with hamachi stopping. this is the 1st.
Disable Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol
  1. Go to Control Panel and find Network Connections.
  2. Delete the Network Bridge.
  3. Find Local Area Connection and right click it.
  4. Make sure that all items are checked except Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol.
  5. Restart your computer and install the latest version of Hamachi.

theredabsol

im useing windows 7 as well if i can't get hamachi to work ill try to figure out how to portforward

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
There are many different products listed when googling Hamachi, which one are you having issues with and what do you mean by "Stopped working"?

Provided links to this product, would be helpful.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Per your attached image, did you click the power button ?

Which package do you have installed, Free, Standard, Premium or Multi-Network?

Have you logged in, as the images shows it being Offline?

I did try the power button and all it says is probing and after a while of saying that it sends a message that is in my attachment And as for which one I downloaded I got the free one Please do not try and send me to YouTube video that claims to have already solved this problem I've already tried all of them all I want to know is if I can make it so the Avast firewall does not interfere with my Hamachi

Attachments

theredabsol

so far this site has been completely unhelpful all i've found is someone with the same problem and no one with an awnser.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Well have you contacted Hamachi support?
They should be your number one contact for support.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online