Can This Be Customised ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stephencoff

Guys,
When I open windows explorer it always opens with "c" drive expanded.
I am at work and link to a server like I would imagine most do. I commonly work off the servers "s" drive. Because the "c" drive is expanded "s" drive is off the screen and I need to scroll or close "c" drive to find and view the "s"drive. Can this be customised so when i open windows explorer it automatically opens with "c" drive closed and "s" drive expanded ?

I hope i was clear enough with what I would like to do, any assitance or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Stephen

davehc

David
Retired Trusted Advisor
Double Helix suggestion, I think would be best for you. Hold the right mouse key on the windows explorer menu entry and drag it onto the desktop and create a copy or a shortcut. right click the (now) desktop icon and suubstitute the C: for S: you could also add on the end this string, (which would includes the S: of course) /e, /n, S:\

Stephen

You can adjust the default startup location for Windows Explorer within the registry. I presume when you start Windows Explorer you want it to start somewhere other than C:\

If you are comfortable adjusting the registry (backing up beforehand obviously) then please post here and I will try to explain how.

Thanks
Mike Bedford
MCP | MCDST

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!