1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Can this graphics card work with this motherboard?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by redalert95, Oct 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. redalert95

redalert95 Thread Starter

I'm currently looking at a computer, considering purchasing it.
    It has an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce SPP 100 ATX AMD motherboard, and also, according to the builder, a Sapphire Radeon X1900XTX 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 video card.

Now, I've also been told that the Radeon video card couldn't work in the motherboard with an nVidia chipset.

So, I'd kind of like to know, can the aforementioned video card work with the aforementioned motherboard?

2. brite750

brite750

I'm guessing that ATI gpu cards are not SLI compatable, they have a thing called crossfire, could be wrong though.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Can't imagine who told you that. ATi video card can work on any mobo...if you are going to use 2 of them for SLi they should be matched is all.

4. brite750

brite750

I think that was my own idea, SLI is nvidia after all, how about running nvdia cards with crossfire does that work?

That why i thought i better put that disclamer in there;)

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

No reason why not...

6. brite750

brite750

wow, ATI and nvidia getting along together, working in harmony, this should be a lesson to those living the middleast.;)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/507883

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice